This Essex company, formed in 2007 to acquire the petrol companies Malthurst and Pace Petroleum, operates more than 300 petrol stations and supplies almost 140 independent fuel retailers. MRH says it is responsible for almost 4% of the motor fuel sold in Britain. The company also sells direct to farmers, large commercial users and households with oil-fired boilers across southwest England, the Midlands and East Anglia. Barclays Private Equity bought a 38% stake in the group in March 2008 for an undisclosed sum, and a new management team joined chief executive Graham Peacock and finance director Susan Tobbell. Sales grew to £1,432m in 2008. Management owns the other 62% of the company.

This profile reflects the company at time of publication and does not reflect any changes that may have subsequently occurred. Fast Track and its sponsors do not endorse, guarantee or recommend investment in any of the companies.

Company details
Year2009
Rank26
CompanyMRH (GB)
ActivityFuel retailer and distributor
LocationEssex
Sales £m †1,432
Profit £m †34
Year endSep 08
Principal shareholdersManagement (62%), Barclays Private Equity (38%)
Staff351
Founded1997
Websitemrhgb.co.uk

If applicable:

* Supplied by company † Annualised figure