A familiar sight on Britain’s high streets, fashion chain New Look is expanding in China, France, Germany and Poland. Under chief executive Anders Kristiansen, 48, it now has 240 stores overseas and 569 in the UK. South African investment house Brait agreed to pay £780m to buy 90% of the company from its private equity backers in May, in a deal expected to be completed by the end of this month. Founder Tom Singh, 65, and other managers will acquire the remaining 10% stake.

This profile reflects the company at time of publication and does not reflect any changes that may have subsequently occurred. Fast Track and its sponsors do not endorse, guarantee or recommend investment in any of the companies.

Company details
Year2015
Rank35
CompanyNew Look
ActivityFashion retailer
LocationCentral London
Sales £m*1,415
Profit £m*212
Year endMar 15
Principal shareholdersApax Partners (28%), Permira (28%), Tom Singh (23%), management and others (21%)
Staff17,880
Founded1969
Websitewww.newlookgroup.com/

If applicable:

* Supplied by company † Annualised figure